4/14/14

Our Weekend 019

What an excellent, productive weekend. We got so much done, in the same amount of time normal people do. That never happens. Errands and chores take eight times longer in this house, for whatever reason, but not this weekend. We were all motivated and the kids were even kind of, sorta, helpful. What?! I know, crazy talk.

Saturday, bright and early, was Max's first day of soccer. Parents couldn't stay in the gym, unless absolutely necessary (which is why there are no pictures) and Max was cool with it. He jumped right in and starting running around like he'd been playing for years. He wore the cutest little gym shorts and fancy new sneaks that I had to go to three (!!) different stores to find, but he was so proud of himself. When I went in to pick him up the first thing he said was "I was a good boy, Momma!" And then I melted into a puddle.

Trying to keep E busy while Max was having all the fun.

We signed up for a 5k run to support the Lung Association, through The Credit Union Atlantic. If that seems out of character for us, it was, but Katie works for the Credit Union so we did it for her. It was really not that bad, I can say that because I didn't run. I'm sure the people who actually exerted themselves might have a different opinion. It had been raining all day, but minutes before the run started the sun came out. E had the right idea, she sat in her stroller, eating Cheerios  and then had a nap. Girl, is smart. Max wanted to run but that didn't last long once he got going. Afterwards we came back here, Matt BBQ'd burgers for us all and we (even the babes) stayed up way too late.



Sunday was day one of swimming lessons for Max. He is normally a fairly cautious child but he jumped into the pool immediately. So I guess he was excited about the whole swimming thing? He spent the next half hour ignoring the instructor and trying to do his own thing. I'm sure she loved him.    

The afternoon was spent picking out seeds and soil and planters for our little Summer garden. We've been in this apartment two years and have barely used the deck. Hopefully, this is our last Summer here, so we're making the most of it.




We planted spinach last night, that's as far as we got because it was pretty chilly and E couldn't hold the shovel anymore. Little pink noses are a sign to go in and warm up.

So much in one weekend. Super productive, only a handful of breakdowns (from me and the kids) and lots of fun. Easter weekend is around the corner so I'm glad we got a lot out of the way this week, because I don't plan on doing much during a long weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only please, my Mum reads this!