11/1/13

Happy Halloween



Pumpkin family


I love being scared, when I was little, I'd stay up late with my Dad watching horror movies, and it was one of my favourite things to do with my Grandfather as well. He liked the old black and white classics. But Halloween has never been my favourite. I always hated my costumes, not a chocolate fan and the idea of traipsing around in the cold at night to beg for food I don't like is low on my priority list. But, now that I have kids, well it's kinda fun.









We did all the usual Halloween type things, decorated pumpkins, baked cookies (that didn't last long enough to take pictures of!) and made costumes. And by "we", I mean me. I made costumes. I don't sew so I got resourceful and glued costumes...seriously. I did the same thing last year and the littles are too young to notice the difference, but I may eventually have to learn to sew. Maybe I'll put up a quick tutorial next week.



Batman and Robin 2012

Luke and Leia 2013


Aunt Katie came to help take the littles out, because of course, Matt was working. It was so much fun, Max said "Trick or treat? Thank you and Happy Halloween" at every door, all in one breath. So cute. Ellie was happy to cruise around in the wagon, occasionally she'd wave goodbye to someone. Stone cold, that gal.


The Millennium Falcon has been downgraded due to budget cuts.


They came home with one small bag full of treats, which they dumped on the floor immediately. We sorted through the pile, picked out what they liked and put the rest aside for the Halloween Fairy. Oh, you've never heard of the Halloween Fairy? That's because it's me. I'm her. I stole half my kids candy BUT they love the idea of collecting candy for a little fairy and they don't eat treats regularly so they we're overwhelmed with the amount they got anyway. Oh, whatever, I ate their candy, deal with it.






Hope you all had a spooky night, Happy Halloween from the Campbell-Browns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only please, my Mum reads this!