12/23/13

Christmas in Cape Breton



Matt started his vacation on the 18th (for the whole, freakin' rest of the year, can I get an "amen"?) and we headed straight to Cape Breton to celebrate Christmas with my family there. It was only 4 days, but it was a doozy. Essentially three different Christmas' on one tiny island. We stayed at my Grandparents, Nan and Pops, because they have the most room and they always seem to get first dibs on the littles.


We exchanged gifts with my grandparents, Nonna (great aunt) and Gram (my Mum), who's coming up to Halifax for a month right after the holiday to stay with us, but wanted them to open their presents while we were here, anyway. The littles got a snowman kit, so the boys made it their mission to make the best, most impressive snowman that ever was. Basically. I think it's the bees knees, but what do I know.


Next up was Christmas at Papa and B's (Dad and Stepmom). We rarely get to see them so when we do, it's extra special. AND I got to love on my smartypants sister, who has been away studying Criminology, puts me to shame! They gave us a juicer. I mean... What?! I have big plans for this juicer, I'm going to cleanse in the New Year. I'll be in the best shape of my life in 2014! Or, I'll drink way too much juice. Whatever, it'll get used, is the point.



Our plans were snowed on, both the day we were supposed to leave, and the day we planned on coming home. Also, E had a stomach bug and threw up for an entire day. Besides all that, it was so much fun, I wish we could do it more, but a five hour commute, with two kids is not my idea of a good time. If it's yours, then what's wrong with you tell me your secrets?


I'll do a second part to our trip to fill you in on details, a lot happened in a short amount of time and my brain is basically mush at this point. Oh, and we still have our own celebrations, Matts parents, and a trip to PEI to visit Great-Grammie and Granddaddy Brown. I hope Santa has lots of wine in that sack. I'm going to need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only please, my Mum reads this!