1/6/14

Our Weekend 005

I took a couple weeks off of "Our Weekend" because, well mostly because all the days ran together and I kept thinking everyday was the weekend. Isn't that the best though?

This past weekend Matt went back to work- in the city though (!!) - so he was home for dinner every night. My Mum is in town for a few weeks so the kids have completely forgotten I exist. There's been undecorating, organizing and purging in all the rooms and closets. I hate taking Christmas decorations down, it always feels so bare and unwelcoming without all those soft, white lights. Takes me a few weeks to adjust. But, I only have an undecorated house until the 17th. Max's birthday. So, that should help, except I'll be crying over the fact that I have a four year old. Not entirely sure how or when that happened.

It was Grammie Brown's birthday on Saturday. A big one. Grammie and Grampie and all the kids came up to the city for a party at Matt's sister, Beth's place. All of the "big kids" chipped in and got her a beautiful bag made from a ship's sail. We ate pizza and salads and the girls made her a lovely cake (which I wish I had taken a picture of) but it had a big pink flower made of sugar on top, is what. Happy birthday Grammie, we sure do love you lots.

The next night was the last night Matt was home before an eight day stint away in Cape Breton for work. We had a date night which we don't really get to do often enough, was much needed and as always, we ate. That's what all of our "dates" consist of, going to a restaurant we can't take the littles to, mostly. Eating food that neither of us has to/can make is a special treat, even if that's all we do before we rush home from missing our babes. Old folks, is what we are. Coming home in time to read stories and love up on the babes before bedtime is what we do best on date nights. Best part of the night. Hands down.

Fantastic weekend overall, including the snowstorm that kicked it off. Sad to see Matt go but we did get him mostly to ourselves for three weeks so one can't be too greedy, I guess. Cape Breton is lucky to have him for a week.

And because this post felt silly without pictures...

This is what happens if you try to sneak a nap.
Mission Accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only please, my Mum reads this!