1/22/14

Party Like You're Four

Max had the best day. The party went smoothly, it was the biggest group we've ever hosted and I was stressed just thinking about twenty people in my house. But it was so, so good. I stayed up late the night before, decorating so Max could wake up to it all. Matt stayed up late making pizza dough and Ellie stayed up to be in the way, mostly.

The next morning we all got into Max's bed to open presents and have a balloon fight.



From Momma and Daddy, he got the usual clothes and little toys but the main event was his new scooter.


Gram watched Ellie for the morning so we could take Max out on his own for a few hours before the party. He loves space, comic books, super heroes and all that jazz so the logical place to take him was Strange Adventures. We let him pick out one thing as a bonus gift.


After that, we went for lunch at Smoke's Poutinerie, because naturally that's his favourite food. I'm fairly certain he had the time of his life. After our bellies were full of poutine, we came home and got everything ready for the party.

Matt cooked ten (!!) pizzas, my Mum made a pasta salad and I fininshed the two cakes I had made earlier that morning. Max is such an easy kid, he only wanted a chocolate cake, with frosting in the middle. I made an extra with frosting for everyone else. Just box cake, I can only do so much when there are ten pizzas being made in my kitchen.


We had Grandparents, great grandparents and friends here from out of town, that boy is loved no doubtHe got so many wonderful presents and ate his weight in sugar, as only you can on your birthday.


The Goose was so thrilled with everything that staying up late, stressing out and planning beyond reason felt totally worth it. He loved every bit of it and then some and I'd do it all again in heartbeat. He's so worth every new gray hair I have. I'll probably get a lot more of those now that he has a scooter.

A few more pictures of the party, after the jump...






E got a few presents too!


Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate with Max, you made his day extra special.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only please, my Mum reads this!