1/24/14

Artsy Afternoon

Last week we had brunch with friends, we brought waffles and ate our weight in bacon. Oy. Bacon. We don't buy bacon for that very reason. That's what friends are for though. To feed you bacon. Anyway, we had our favourite meal with our favourite people and instead of slipping into a bacon induced coma, we ventured out.

We hit up the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, it was kids day so the babes were free and all us adults were half price, I think? Either way, sweet deal. Even though my antisocial child (ahem - Max) wouldn't participate in any of the kids activities, kids day was kind of the perfect time to go. The thing is, I'm always afraid that I look like I don't belong somewhere, it's a weird and constant fear. But, on kids day at the gallery we didn't have to worry about being too noisy or rambunctious or if I wasn't dressed appropriately (not in a scantily clad way, like how do you dress at an art gallery?) because, I looked like all the other frazzled Moms there. All the kids were running around, touching everything and behaving like children, naturally.

Unlike my cultured littles, I wasn't that impressed. Maybe the babes liked it because it looked as if they had made it? There were a few pieces that were pretty neat, like the Maude Lewis exhibit. Crazy little old lady who painted flowers on her house and everything in it. The actual house was part of the exhibit!

Spending an afternoon not on the couch or at Target was a huge step for us so even if I wasn't that blown away by the art, it a nice experience. I'm waiting for the Annie Leibovitz exhibit to get up and running. That is worth full admission price, and I won't be taking the littles with me.

Anyway, here are a bunch of pictures from our day, if you're interested...



Max is now on permanent display a la Tilda Swinton.




Maude Lewis' House!

Yeah, totally not an art savant, but this was a pretty cool afternoon.


*Sorry these pictures are crap, I will get a real camera soon. Fingers crossed.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only please, my Mum reads this!