3/10/14

Our Weekend 014

And the award for best weekend goes to this one.

Matt started his new job today (more on that later) so I planned a little surprise party for him on Saturday. Earlier in the week Katie and I planned the whole thing and Friday we went grocery shopping and headed back to her place to get everything ready. We spent the afternoon preparing the food and scheming how to get Matt out of the house before the party.

Friday was also our anniversary, I had totally forgotten all about it (I know) but Matt hadn't. He took the kids out to get me flowers and cheesecake (my favourite) and had Indian take out waiting for me when I got home that evening. He really deserved this party.

Brennan had the idea to go to the movies with Matt and Max so we could set everything up and all the guests could arrive and wait for the boys to get back. We all hid in the dark and waited what seemed like an eternity for him to find us. Even when he did, he had no idea what was going on. He was completely shocked!




In all the excitement, I completely forgot to take any pictures of the actual party, just of the food. Shows where my priorities are.

It was a small party, but an awful lot of fun, I think planning and setting up was more fun than the actual event, for me anyway. Matt's Dad and brother came up from Little Harbour too. While we waited for the boys to show up we all kept remarking that Matt is the best person to throw a surprise party for. He's so trusting that we could've sent him anywhere at a weird time and he'd just go with it, no questions asked. He wouldn't think anything was up - and he didn't.

The whole week was busy with party planning and secret texts, it was so completely worth it. I don't know if I'll ever be able to plan a better party, I think he might be on to me now, I might have to wait a few years for the next one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only please, my Mum reads this!