3/24/14

Our Weekend 016

Oops, took a week off. Totally didn't mean to but with Matt being home in the evenings I find things here move a lot more quickly and before you know it, it's bedtime. Or time to watch another episode of whatever we're watching that week. So much more fun to watch new things with someone else. Now I'm not just talking to myself in the dark. 

Anyway, long week of restless babes, evenings were spent relaxing.

Started the weekend off right with a girls night with Katie. Coffee and two different Targets were involved so you know it was good. I didn't get home till way past the littles bedtime (planned that, bedtime sucks) and when I walked in the door, the house was quiet and Matt was looking for a movie for us. Neddless to say, best night ever. There was no way the rest of the weekend could top this. 

I realize how low my standards are.

Saturday was warm enough to make a trip to the Farmer's Market. I really love farmers markets, in an irrational way. If I'm near a veggie stand, I'm content. I'm sure that has a deeper meaning, somehow. Went got there close to lunch time so naturally we searched for food right away. We sat outside on the  second floor deck, overlooking the harbour and ate our breakfast pizza and sipped our hipster-y coffee and then the unbelievable happened. A helicopter flew by, right in front of our little el fresco brunch. The babes lost their minds. We did too though, it was so cool. We spent the rest of our day eating our market haul, including steak from our friend Phil. It caused the whole house to go up in smoke but Matt said it was the best thing he'd ever eaten so, worth it?





Sunday kind of drove itself. We left early in the morning for Dartmouth because Matt wanted to show me this cute little fruit and veggie shop near his new job. We figured since we were in the are, we'd stop at the mall and get some gym clothes for Max (he's starting soccer next month). While Max and I were shopping, Matt and E had some sneaky business to do. When we met back up with them, they had a new phone for me! An iPhone, no less. We ate at the food court, let the kids ride on those money grabber rides that cost way too much and last all of 5 seconds and got a little people watching done. We are totally not mall people. I think I've been there four times in two years. But this was fun, we got what we needed to get, there was no pressure or timeline to follow and the kids loved it. 

First picture with the new phone...
His reaction when I told him he couldn't have the phone.

Once we finally left the mall (I'd forgotten what sunshine looked like) we came home, made tacos and watched the Sword in the Stone. So, bring it weekend. Try and top this one. 

Also, I'm probably going to over post this week to make up for last week. Maybe? Don't hold me to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only please, my Mum reads this!