1/29/14

Working on My Resolutions



So, I haven't been doing great so far with my resolutions. We haven't taken the juicer out of the box yet. I didn't pick up any knitting supplies. And, I've yet to start reading a novel. But, that's because I got two new Nora books and a Diane Keaton memoir, so I really have no other option but to read those first, obviously.

I have, however, been in front of the camera, if only slightly more. I gave the camera to Matt during Max's party so that I could be in a few and kept the the sneaky pictures the kids take of me with the iPad.

and bathroom selfies, naturally.

The most important resolution on my list was getting Max involved in something. I didn't have much luck finding a class or program for him because January is a weird, in between time to sign up for things. But, I found a free library drop in, twice a week and Ellie can go as well. We went to our first one on Saturday, it's only half an hour long and right up the street from out house so it couldn't be more perfect. It's not terribly structured and because it's free, we don't feel bad if we miss a session.
Both babes seemed to really like it, so we'll definitely be going back.

The actual program calls for all of us to sit in a circle, listen to a story and sing kumbaya. Max wasn't having any of that, so we opted to stay in the kids section, with the books and toys and just play. There were tons of kids there, which is what we were looking for. Both babes had fun and willingly left at lunch time because they were hungry. I was fearful there'd be tears when it came time to leave, but little rumbly bellies worked in my favour, this time.

As far as weekly meal planning goes, I'm still working on it. I make a list each monday morning of things I'd like to/think I could make that week, tack the list up on the fridge and cross one off each day. I'd like to get a bit more organized than that but for now, it's working.

One slight problem though, I'm a rotten cook. Only know a handful of decent recipes and we're all a bit bored with dinner time. Pinterest is my usual go-to source for new ideas but lately it's been a bust. Matt got a new Michael Smith cookbook for Christmas, so  might try a few recipes from there.

So almost a month and only a few things crossed off my list, but they were the most important things, so at least I have my priorities straight.

And a couple of random pictures, just 'cause...





3 comments:

  1. That top picture is the absolute best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one of you and the babes I mean. Although the calendar is quite a looker, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a close call between the babes and the calendar.

      Delete

Nice comments only please, my Mum reads this!